In the 1920’s, Makitaro Tamura opened his first store (Tamura Shoten) on the main street of Waianae. Makitaro eventually turned the store over to one of his sons, Katsuichi Tamura. Katsuichi changed the name of the store to K. Tamura Store which is currently known as Tamura Super Market.
Herbert Tamura (Katsuichi’s son) and Glenn Tamura (Herbert’s son), decided to venture out from the original family company (Tamura Super Market) and start their own establishment. In 1995, Tamura Enterprises, Inc. was established, operating a liquor division and grocery store. Today, TamuraEnterprises, Inc. has grown to include three Grocery Stores, eight Fine Wine & Liquors and one Restaurant & Bar with locations on Oahu and Maui.
NEVER MISS AN UPDATE
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Copyright 2020 Tamura's Hawaii | All Rights Reserved | Built by Superscript